The Welcome Team is the key to make visitors to CWC feel like they are right at home. They understand that new visitors form an opinion about Christian Worship Center within the first minutes of their experience. From the moment a guest pulls into the parking lot, the Welcome Team creates a comfortable environment for people to be open to hearing the truth of God’s Word.
“Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.”
Daniel & Liza Petrow
- Welcome Hosts are posted at either exterior door or sanctuary door. Enthusiastically greet each guest at the door. Show them that you are glad they are here. Maintain positive body language. If a first time guest arrives, gift them a gift box that has a connect card. Introduce first and second time guests to Indoor Ushers.
- Be proactive! Actively look for guests to assist and politely inform them that you have seats for them. Maintain positive body language. Indoor ushers are welcome to participate in service by worshipping, but their main goal is to facilitate guests to ensure they are welcomed with a seat. Speaker (encouraging Biblical message)
- Red Carpet volunteers are informally located after each service in sanctuary and lobby. After service, approach first or second time guests with a warm smile. Focus on guests. If friends or family approach RC, politely let them know that you will get back to them. Introduce yourself to guests and offer to show them around the church. Gauge a healthy conversation and make them feel welcome. Collect connect cards from first time guests and deposit them at the office.
- Create a comfortable environment and incredible first impression for guests by offering a safe, easy parking experience with a high-energy welcome and clear directions.
- Be willing to serve a full Sunday (both services) once a month
- Training once every 3 months
next steps to get involved
- Create a profile on planning center
- Reach out to Team Leader with availability
- Our team will facilitate training where needed to make sure you feel secure in your role
- Put a smile on!